One important role of the Immigration Services Agency is to prevent the safety and interests of Japan from being harmed by deporting foreign nationals who fall under grounds for deportation stipulated in Article 24 of the Immigration Control Act, such as illegally entering Japan or residing in Japan beyond the scope of their residency permission.
- Delivery of the suspect, investigation into violations, hearing, filing of an objection, ruling, and special permission to stay in Japan
- Investigation into violations and appearance at an immigration office
- Enforcement of written deportation orders, deportation, and voluntary exit deportation at one's own expense
- The Departure Order System
- Departure order (Immigration Control Act, Article 24-3 and Articles 55-2 to 55-6)
- Detention, visitation and giving gifts to foreign nationals under detention, and provisional release