|Name of procedure
||Notification of the affiliated (contracting) organization
||Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act, Article 19-16, Item 2
|Individuals subject to procedure
||A mid to long-term resident with the status of residence of "Highly Skilled Professional" (i) (a) or (b), "Highly Skilled Professional" (ii) (a) or (b), "Researcher," "Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services," "Nursing Care," "Entertainer" (limited to those who are engaged in activities under a contract with their organization), "Specified Skilled Worker," or "Skilled Labor" who leaves or transfers from their affiliated organization, whose affiliated organization's name or address changes, or whose affiliated organization is terminated
* Applicable only to those with landing permission, status of residence change permission, or status of residence update permission granted on or after July 9, 2012.
||Within 14 days from the date of the change
||The mid to long-term resident
|Required documents, etc.
- Notification form
(Note) For notification matters, any format is acceptable. Sample forms are provided below for convenience.
- Presentation of current residence card (enclose a copy of the residence card if sending by mail)
(Note) The submission of documentation certifying the notification matters is not required.
|Notification items and notification reference forms
- Notification reference forms (Samples in multiple languages are planned for release)
Select the appropriate notification reference form, refer to the examples listed, and fill the form out accurately. (The notification reference form number is provided in the upper left portion of the form.)
- Notification of change in name or location, or dissolution of the affiliated organization
*This notification is for a change in the name of the organization you are currently affiliated with (referred to as "affiliated organization" hereinafter), a change in the location of the affiliated organization, or the termination of the affiliated organization.
Notification Reference Form 1–1 - PDF (in Japanese/English)Excel (in Japanese/English)
Example of a completed Notification Reference Form 1–1 - PDF (in Japanese)
- Notification of the termination of the contract with the affiliated organization (Note 1)
* This notification is used when the contract with the affiliated organization is terminated in cases such as an occupational change, or resignation.
Notification Reference Form 1–4 - PDF (in Japanese/English) Excel (in Japanese/English)
Example of a completed Notification Reference Form 1–4 - PDF (in Japanese)
- Notification of the signing of a contract with a new affiliated organization (Note 1)
* This notification is used when a contract is signed with a new affiliated organization due to an occupational change
Notification Reference Form 1–5 - PDF (in Japanese/English) Excel (in Japanese/English)
Example of a completed Notification Reference Form 1–5 - PDF (in Japanese)
- Notification of contract termination and signing of a new contract
* This is a notification used when the contract with an affiliated organization is terminated due to job change, etc., and a contract with a new contracting organization is signed at the same time
Notification Reference Form 1–7 - PDF (in Japanese/English) Excel (in Japanese/English)
Example of a completed Notification Reference Form 1–7 - PDF (in Japanese)
(Note 1) For example, if a person has a "Researcher" status of residence and is conducting research at Research Organization A, terminates their employment contract with Research Organization A, and enters a new contract with Research Organization B, they are required to submit a notification for both the termination of their contract with Research Organization A and the signing of a new contract with Research Organization B.
(Note 2) Can be printed on standard Japanese A4 paper.
(Note 3) To avoid reducing the size of the copy, uncheck "Reduce page to fit paper size (K)" in the print dialog box before printing.
- How to fill out the notification form and reference form (planned for release in multiple languages)
PDF (in Japanese)
|Where to submit
||Internet: You can submit the notification via the internet by using the Immigration Services Agency's e-Notification System. Registration is required before accessing the e-Notification System.
Counter: The Regional Immigration Services Bureau with jurisdiction over your place of residence (Please contact a Regional Immigration Services Bureau or an Immigration Information Center (Tel: 0570-013904).)
Mail: Please include a copy of your residence card with the notification and send it to the Registration Department, Tokyo Regional Immigration Services Bureau. Please write "届出書在中" in Japanese in red on the front of the envelope.
Yotsuya Tower 14F, 1-6-1 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 160-0004
東京出入国在留管理局在留管理情報部門届出受付担当 (written in Japanese)
|Counter hours for in-person submission
||Weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (The day or time may vary depending on the procedure, so contact either the Regional Immigration Services Bureau or the Immigration Information Center (Tel: 0570-013904).)
||Regional Immigration Services Bureau or Immigration Information Center Tel: 0570-013904