- Applicant’s foreign press registration card, issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs - 1 copy
- Certificate of Employment from a foreign news agency (which must include the agency’s name, location, and phone number), or a similar document which proves that the applicant is being continuously employed or contracted by said foreign news agency - 1 copy
Tax certificate (or tax exemption certificate) for individual inhabitant taxes and a tax payment certificate (showing gross income and taxes paid for one year) - 1 copy of each
- Issued by the ward office, city hall, or town office of the municipality where the applicant resides as of January 1.
- If the certificate being submitted lists both one year of gross income and taxes due (including whether they were paid), no additional documents are necessary.
- If issuance by the ward office, city hall, or town office where the applicant resides is not possible due to certain reasons, such as having only just entered Japan or having moved recently, inquire at your nearest Regional Immigration Services Bureau for guidance.