One photograph (4 cm long × 3 cm wide)
One of the following documents outlining the specifics and duration of the applicant’s employment:
(1) Certificate of Employment - 1 copy
(2) Photocopy of employment contract - 1 copy
(3) Documents supporting (1) and (2) - as required
Copy of contract pertaining to the entertainer in question - 1 copy
* This also includes contracts between the applicant (entertainer) and the contracting organization, or the applicant and the organization operating the performance facility, etc.
Tax certificate (or tax exemption certificate) for individual inhabitant taxes and a tax payment certificate (showing gross income and taxes paid for one year) - 1 copy of each
* Issued by the ward office, city hall, or town office of the municipality where the applicant resides as of January 1.
* If the certificate being submitted lists both one year of gross income and taxes due (including whether they were paid), no additional documents are necessary.
* If issuance by the ward office, city hall, or town office is not possible due to certain reasons, such as having only just entered Japan or moving residence recently, inquire at your nearest Regional Immigration Services Bureau for guidance.
* In cases where the applicant is treated as a non-resident, please submit a tax certificate for domestic income for non-residents/foreign corporations (collected income tax statements, non-receipt notices, etc.) and other documents demonstrating income in place of the items listed above in point 6.
Presentation of proof of identity (certificate of permission to act as a proxy, family register, etc.)
* If the application is being submitted by someone other than the applicant (the person submitting it should refer to this page), proof of identity is required to confirm that they are qualified to do so. While the applicant’s actual passport and residence card must be presented (as listed in point 3), even if someone other than the applicant is submitting the application documents, a copy is permitted in cases where a certificate of alien registration is serving as the applicant's residence card.