Information regarding the Kingdom of Thailand

Overall procedure flow

This section provides information on the overall procedure flow for foreign nationals who wish to become specified skilled workers.

Application procedures

For those who wish to enter and reside in Japan with the "Specified Skilled Worker" status of residence, applications may be submitted to a Regional Immigration Services Bureau. For more information, please refer to the following pages.

For Thai nationals currently residing in Japan who have completed Technical Intern Training (ii) and wish to apply to change their status of residence to Specified Skilled Worker (i), an offer of employment which has been approved by the Office of Labour Affairs, Royal Thai Embassy, must be included with the application.

Authorized dispatching organization

Please refer to the following document for more information on dispatching organizations authorized by the Kingdom of Thailand.

* It is not necessary to use a dispatching organization authorized by the Kingdom of Thailand in order to employ a specified skilled foreign national from that country.

Contact information


Contact Office of Labour Affairs, Royal Thai Embassy You will be taken to an external page.
Address 〒141-0021
3-14-6 Kamiosaki, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo
Phone number 03-5422-7014
Fax number 03-5422-7016
E-mail address
Supported languages Japanese, English, and Thai

Kingdom of Thailand

Contact Employment Department, Ministry of Labour, Kingdom of Thailand
Overseas Employment Administration Office, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour
Address 10th floor, Social Security Office Section 3 Building
Ministry of labour, Mitr-Mitri Rd., Dindaeng Bangkok
Phone number +66-2-245-6708
Fax number +66-2-245-6708
Supported languages English and Thai

Other reference information

Memorandum of Cooperation

* If there are any changes to the system of the Kingdom of Thailand, a notice will be posted on this website as soon as the details are confirmed.

You will need Adobe Reader to view PDF documents.
If they do not display correctly, please try using the latest version.

Top of page