Please read the Terms of Service below before use.
You are required to agree to abide by the Terms of Service below in order to make an online application to the Director-General of the Regional Immigration Services Bureau using the Immigration Services Agency's Trusted Traveler Program Information System. The original text of the Terms of Service is in Japanese. If any conflict arises between the translation of the Terms of Service below and the Japanese original, the Japanese original shall prevail.
1. Service Hours
In principle, the Immigration Services Agency's Trusted Traveler Program Information System (hereinafter referred to as "the System") is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. However, operation of the System may be suspended due to system maintenance or for other reasons without prior notice given to users.
The copyright to the System, owned by the Ministry of Justice and protected under international treaties and the Copyright Act of Japan, shall not be transferred to a third party.
3. Prohibited Acts
The following acts are prohibited when using the System:
- Use of the System for any purpose other than the purpose of making an application to the Director-General of a Regional Immigration Services Bureau;
- Accessing the System without authorization;
- Modifying or distributing programs in the System that are provided to users by the Immigration Services Agency without permission from the Immigration Services Agency;
- Deliberate interference with the management and operation of the System;
- Deliberate sending of files infected with viruses to the System; and
- Impersonating another user to use the System and make an application to the Director-General of a Regional Immigration Services Bureau.
Your User ID and password to the System, which identify you as you use the System, must be kept secure at all times. Each user is responsible for keeping their User ID and password secure and is liable for any consequential damages caused by the mismanagement of them. The Immigration Services Agency will not assume any responsibility for such damages.
The Scope and Purpose of Use of Collected Information
- The System collects information that pertains to applications under the provisions of the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act and related Ministerial Ordinances. The information collected is used in accordance with the provisions of the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act and related Ministerial Ordinances. Furthermore, the information collected is properly managed by giving consideration to the protection of individual users' rights and interests in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information Held by Administrative Organs.
- The System, which has the ability to acquire a user's audit trail, may acquire, save, monitor, and analyze audit trail data.
Changes to the Terms of Service
The Immigration Services Agency can alter the Terms of Service when it is deemed necessary without giving prior notice to the users. Any users who use the System following any revision to the Terms of Service are deemed to have agreed to the revised Terms of Service.